Sunday 6 January 2013

Uh Oh...

DAY 4,
Possible problems are stressing me out with these eggs..

When candling my 5 eggs, i couldn't make out any blood vessels or air pockets. These things should be clearly visible on day 4.

I broke one of the eggs open and discovered that it did try to develop, but stopped between day two and day 3.
Very confusing.. here's the photo of it.
A little development



I have been recommended by the lovely people of http://www.backyardchickens.com that it might be the winter months stopping the eggs from developing any further, so they are taking a trip to the desert for a week or so. I think a good idea is to put them with my bearded dragon for a while - it has a temp of 100 degrees and a humidity of 50%. Ideal for egg incubation. He is tiny and no harm to them, except snuggling into them at night (he likes snuggling into things when he sleeps.)

 Updates in a couple days, night world.

No comments:

Post a Comment