Monday 21 January 2013

LOCK DOWN TOMORROW

I candled the first two last night, 
I'm not sure if it's my imagination or if it's actually happening - but I swear I saw the chick move a little inside the big egg.
Only one of them did it, and i'm still worried about the large space that isn't shadowed..

Isn't that space supposed to be filled up with chick by now?

Well, either way, i'm not worried. I'm excited! Four days till due hatching date. So it's probably just yolk that the need to absorb. I have to say, I have back up chicks reserved in case this doesn't work, after all, a lot of things have gone wrong so far. Especially the temperature going down too much when the power went out.

The back up chicks are very local. A couple miles actually, in Dunvegan. 
Well, not exactly. The farmer i'm getting them from is picking them up from Glasgow on Friday.

I am going to let them settle for a few days after the journey up. And by then hatching will be over so I will know how many to get. I will have chicks by Tuesday for sure! 

Well I have excited myself enough for tonight, I'm off to candle again.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment